Micro:Bit MMA8653.h not found (BLE examples)

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rando

Micro:Bit MMA8653.h not found (BLE examples)

Post by rando »

Howdy!,

I'm working through this excellent write-up on how to use the Arduino IDE with the Micro:Bit.

https://learn.adafruit.com/use-micro-bi ... o/overview

I am especially keen to get the accelerometer talking via BLE to an Android app, to support an inquiry lesson plan I'm doing today. However when I run the example code, after I have followed all the concise setup directions, I consistently got an error regarding being able to import the "MMA8653.h" file.

Clearly I was missing a library.

I poked around all the obvious suspects as to where it might reside locally my PC, but failing that, I asked Google and it sent me to here ...

https://github.com/hidnseek/hidnseek/tr ... /libraries

Where a prospective library was found.

I added this to my Arduino IDE library folder and I am getting a good compile, but am wondering if I'm missing an obvious and superior Adafruit library that would provide equivalent or better functionality? I attach the library for convenience sake. (I would suspect lack of the is library would break all the Adafruit BLE accelerometer examples, unless I'm missing something simple)

Best,.

R.
Attachments
MMA8653.zip
(8.04 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

rando

Re: Micro:Bit MMA8653.h not found (BLE examples)

Post by rando »

All,

I did have further opportunity to look through Lady Ada's excellent posting, and she specifically discusses the MMA8653 device. She seems to have selected the same code as I did.

https://learn.adafruit.com/use-micro-bi ... gnetometer

'Learned my lesson, to read through the posted information, before I tackled running the examples that shipped with the package.

My plan is order 10 of these Micro:bits for end of the year and then have them to apply for next semester. Arduino support goes a long way to being able to apply some sort of learning trajectory between the web hosted programming tools, and the more traditional PC hosted Arduino IDE.

Much appreciated.

R.

rando

Re: Micro:Bit MMA8653.h not found (BLE examples)

Post by rando »

Linking everything together... BLEPlotter demo

Using library Adafruit_Microbit at version 1.0.0 in folder: C:\Users\randa\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_Microbit
Using library Adafruit_GFX_Library at version 1.2.2 in folder: C:\Users\randa\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_GFX_Library
Using library BLEPeripheral at version 0.4.0 in folder: C:\Users\randa\Documents\Arduino\libraries\BLEPeripheral
Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\randa\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\sandeepmistry\hardware\nRF5\0.4.0\libraries\Wire
Using library MMA8653 in folder: C:\Users\randa\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MMA8653 (legacy)
Sketch uses 21360 bytes (14%) of program storage space. Maximum is 151552 bytes.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”