📬❄️📦Adafruit Holiday Shipping Deadlines 2019: Attention all domestic customers! Please place UPS Ground and USPS First Class & Priority orders by 11am ET Monday December 9, 2019 📬❄️📦 Attention all international customers! Please place all UPS WORLDWIDE EXPRESS; SAVER, and DHL EXPRESS WORLDWIDE orders by 11am ET Monday December 9, 2019 📬❄️📦

Which Display
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Which Display

by jsjsjs on Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:10 pm

I'd appreciate input on which displays to buy for Raspberry Pi (RP) projects.
We need large (at least 7-10"), touchscreen, no sound, decent to excellent resolution (be able to see their cameraphone movies from a few feet or more away - we'll upload them to the memory card beforehand).
Ideally the kids would power the both the RP and screen using batteries, so it's understood there will be a decision around the tradeoff with size-resolution vs. power.
There are a lot of options here so if anyone can help me shorten the list I'll take it from there!
So -
1 - which displays would fit these requirements?
2 - is a driver board or other circuit board needed? We'll be using the most current RPs and I'll need to buy the rest of the components.
Also I'd prefer to buy from Adafruit, but could go with another vendor if something else would work better (though I'd like to keep our money going to ada).
Thank you!

jsjsjs

Re: Which Display

by mikeysklar on Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:22 pm

Based on your criteria there is just one.

I would lean towards a backpack with and avoid the extra mini drivers which would need to be cleverly enclosed.

We don't carry a 10" touchscreen.

HDMI 7" 800x480 Display Backpack - With Touchscreen
https://www.adafruit.com/product/2407

mikeysklar

by jsjsjs on Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:14 pm

shoot - I just bought your 2396 earlier today.
What sort of issues will we have using the 2396 over the 2407?
Thank you

jsjsjs

by mikeysklar on Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:38 pm

Just cabling issues like I mentioned. You will have to hide and protect the two PCBs that it comes with rather than having a ready to go display.

mikeysklar

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.