Crickit Microbit

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dorif

Crickit Microbit

Post by dorif »

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Seems simple and yet not working... the crickit is brand new. I see a red light near the ! so it might be defective...
I’ve tested the motors and they work fine elsewhere. Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_7342.jpg
IMG_7342.jpg (987.29 KiB) Viewed 4169 times
crickit.jpg
crickit.jpg (451.28 KiB) Viewed 4169 times

dastels

Re: Crickit Microbit

Post by dastels »

That red light is the warning light. There's something wrong with the power. It usually means the voltage is too low or too high. If all is well the green light by the smile will be lit instead. What's in the battery pack?

Please see https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-cri ... ng-crickit for more information on powering the Crickit.

Dave

dorif

Post by dorif »

4 AA batteries...

dastels

Post by dastels »

Yes, but what kind? Only NiMH will work in a 4 pack. If they're alkaline you need to use a 3 pack. It's all laid out in that page in the tutorial.

Dave

dorif

Post by dorif »

Ah... I just changed to NiMH and the green light is on now. What tutorial are you referencing? I am not aware of it. If you can share a link, that would be very helpful. Meantime, the motor is still not working (although I have tested the motor to be sure it works aside from the Crickit). Is there something wrong with the code? I have attached a new image since the previous image was incorrect.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 7.33.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 7.33.24 AM.png (70.43 KiB) Viewed 4129 times

dastels

Post by dastels »

The Crickit product tutorial I linked to in the earlier message. Almost all products have a tutorial guide linked to from the product page. In the case of Crickit: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-cri ... ction-kit/

According to the photo of the wiring you have the motor connected to the motor-2 connection. The pair of screw terminals on either end of the motor block are labelled on the silk-screen.

Dave

dorif

Post by dorif »

Ugh! Thank you for noticing that! I had initially had two motors connected and with all the troubleshooting I missed that! It is now working! You have been tremendously helpful and patient. Many thanks! Now I can begin the project! Hooray!

dastels

Post by dastels »

Awesome! Have fun.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”