Using a Trinket MO for Neopixel Light Box Project

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
zackboston

Using a Trinket MO for Neopixel Light Box Project

Post by zackboston »

I am working with a class of Juniors at Boston's Madison Park Technical Vocational High School doing a Light box project with an etched acrylic panel mounted on a lasercut box that is lit by neopixels. Since all the youth have Chromebooks, I have used CodeBender to do the coding.

I have Trinket MOs for all the youth --- I have always used regular trinkets in the past. I also have a Adafruit neopixel reel and rocker switches. I have some questions.

Will the Trinket MO work using the regular trinket board 8 MHz settings on Codebender or do I need to add a library?

Can I still connect the neopixel strips (no more than 8 neopixels for the largest project) to any numbered pin?

Since it does not have an ATTiny, how does that change the set up code and settings in Arduino?

Thanks for any help or links you can give me!

Susan at the Mel King Fab Lab

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Using a Trinket MO for Neopixel Light Box Project

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

I don't think CodeBender supports the Trinket M0. All the supported boards:
https://codebender.cc/boards
are AVR based (a specific microcontroller type). The Trinket M0 is ARM based, which is a very different microcontroller.

It is possible to drive NeoPixels with a Trinket M0. But you'll need to use something other than CodeBender. Check out the main guide for the Trinket M0 for some info on options:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-tri ... o/overview

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”