What is the difference between the Circuit Playground Expres

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
CShock

What is the difference between the Circuit Playground Expres

Post by CShock »

No matter what I do I cannot get the Circuit Playground Express to work with Code.org...I've downloaded drivers, maker toolkit, Arduino CreateAgent, Arduino 1.8, Firmata, etc.and still can't get this to work...what am I doing wrong...they promised us this would be easy..I have spent the last 4 hours working on this and nothing works...

Franklin97355

Re: What is the difference between the Circuit Playground Ex

Post by Franklin97355 »

Have you looked at this and this? How are you configuring the IDE and what board are you selecting?

danhalbert

Post by danhalbert »

Circuit Playground Express (CPX) doesn't work right now with code.org Firmata-based programming environment. Circuit Playground Classic does. We're working on getting CPX to work with code.org but it's not ready yet.

CPX does work with https://makecode.adafruit.com, another way to easily get started with programming. (Note MakeCode vs Code.)

profedonahue

Post by profedonahue »

Do you know if Circuit Playground Express can now work with code.org (firmata)? In one description it says that it does work and in another description it says it Does Not work. I have attached the screen shots from the website that I viewed on my mobile phone.

I would like to order the express board since I will eventually be teaching python but want to start the kids with Code.org CS Discoveries.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180701-202935_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20180701-202935_Samsung Internet.jpg (654.51 KiB) Viewed 345 times
Screenshot_20180701-203035_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20180701-203035_Samsung Internet.jpg (671.03 KiB) Viewed 345 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”