Is there an up-to-date Buyer's Guide to Arduino? (Memory, #P

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tkinsman

Is there an up-to-date Buyer's Guide to Arduino? (Memory, #P

Post by tkinsman »

Is there an updated buyer's guide for Arduino from Adafruit?

It would be nice to have a spread sheet of the different Adafruit products.
Like, the name, the processor number, amount of memory FLASH, amount of memory RAM, I2C support, SPI support, if they support Circuit Python, etc...

I can find old ones on the internet, but they do not include some of the latest models.

-Thomas

Franklin97355

Re: Is there an up-to-date Buyer's Guide to Arduino? (Memory

Post by Franklin97355 »

I'll pass that along. Adafruit products are not Arduino, some of them may be compatible but are not made or licensed by Arduino.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

right now the only boards we have with circuitpython support are the M0 boards (samd21), and the best supported ones are the Express boards:

https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... n-hardware

tkinsman

Post by tkinsman »

As much as python is popular right now, I can get sixth graders coding in C in 30 minutes on a Circuit Playground. Those C techniques can then be used on any Arduino.

Remember that the original book on C was only 1/2 an inch thick. There is not much to the inner-core of things to worry about.

I think that we, as a community, need to be careful not to overwhelm the students with too many options initially.

I know that Python is now running almost everywhere, but I really like the embedded real-time-ness and smallness of C. The problem I have with Python is that students almost immediately need to learn other libraries to do significant things.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”