thermal camera/huzzah question
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

thermal camera/huzzah question

by Hapka on Wed May 23, 2018 9:01 am

I'm stuck on a project, I am following

https://learn.adafruit.com/thermal-came ... y?view=all

tutorial with the thermal camera and huzzah. I'm using all Adafruit products, and the esp8266 Huzzah.

What I have done so far...

- I read carefully the three pre-req tutorials, which were very helpful.
- I constructed a similar construction with a Metro (its a few years old, not the newer version) and a different screen, not the featherwing tft - it was a smaller OLED. On this setup I was able to run the AMG88xx test perfectly and with a few modifications to adjust to my OLED instead of the featherwing the thermal cam example.

But I have not mastered 3D modeling so I wanted to use the neat case that the Ruiz brothers designed. I also wanted the larger screen so I'm using all the components listed in the guide for this version.

I can run the basic blink program or the blink program under the ESP examples on the Huzzah without a problem.
I can run the featherwing tft test program with the Huzzah also without a problem.
I can run the AMG88x with other boards.
I can compile the thermal camera featherwing example when I have Arduino Uno selected without error.

If I switch the board over to Adafruit Huzzah 8266 and click on the checkmark for compile, I get "exit status 1
Error compiling for board Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266."

Here are the choices selected on the menu:

flash size 4M
disabled
none
v2 memory
80 MHz
only sketch

The Huzzah is recognized fine by the computer, but I'm getting this error even if I only try to compile. The same file compiles fine for the Feather 32u4. I feel like I'm missing a subtle choice on the menu somewhere.

Thanks for your time! No many companies have the quality of support that Adafruit offers.

Hapka

Re: thermal camera/huzzah question

by franklin97355 on Wed May 23, 2018 4:38 pm

Can you post the entire error log after making sure the preferences are set for verbose output from the compiler?

franklin97355

by Hapka on Thu May 24, 2018 8:54 am

I uninstalled and then reinstalled arduino and all the libraries, and the error went away. All is excellent with the thermal camera now.

Hapka

by tkinsman on Thu May 24, 2018 6:40 pm

I have been seeing library issues as well.

I finally got to the point where, unless you *need* to update your libraries because something does not work, I do not do it. I have un-checked the box in the preferences that has the Arduino development environment automatically check for updates on startup.

This avoids having the system prompt me to "click here for update" and have all of my older projects go bad.

Glad you got it working.

tkinsman

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.