CRIKIT and makecode.adafruit.com

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Chaski

CRIKIT and makecode.adafruit.com

Post by Chaski »

This week I received from Adafruit Circuit Playground Express and CRIKIT. I BOLTED them together, printed the 100 page Introducing Adafruit Crickit #MakeRobotFriend pdf. I attempted the p. 40 makecode instructions both on a Pi-CEED with raspberry pi 3B running latest Google Chromium , on Windows i7 Google Chrome and on a Windows i7 Internet Explorer.

The CRICKIT extensions does NOT load on any three options above. That is, an emulator does not show up of CRICKIT or CPX (see attachment). Does an emulator need to show?The Crikit blocks are there but servo 1 does not run. A message on all three says....cannot load package: package crickit requires target version 1.1.21 (you are running 1.1.9). Do I ignore that message or how to i update to makecode.org version 1.1.21? Is the answer ...use Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge or IE ?

I ran successfully the siren blinking light code running the makecode.com and CPX hardware on the Pi CEED with Chromium and Windows 7 Google Chrome. CRIKIT blocks do not show up....
Attachments
i7_GoogleChrome.PNG
i7_GoogleChrome.PNG (56.9 KiB) Viewed 158 times
DRAGGED_TO_CPLAYBOOT_THEN_disappears_usingChrome.PNG
DRAGGED_TO_CPLAYBOOT_THEN_disappears_usingChrome.PNG (89.11 KiB) Viewed 158 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”