Quest: How to broadcast images to visitors?

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tkinsman

Quest: How to broadcast images to visitors?

Post by tkinsman »

Friends:

I am using the 8x8 thermal sensor to create an image for children. I up-sample them to be about 128x128.

Parents often want a picture of their kids in this way, and take a picture of the display. A better demonstration would be if the Arduino could transmit the image to anyone that wanted to download it.

Is there a way to transmit to the local guests a copy of that image so that visitors could pick it up?

I don't want to run a website, I was looking for a simple, temporary method to get the image to the parents quickly, and then not worry about any maintenance.

Any thought on this?

Franklin97355

Re: Quest: How to broadcast images to visitors?

Post by Franklin97355 »

It might be possible but would not be easy and would take additional equipment. Also, the parents would have to know how to connect and upload the image if it were to work. I have no idea how this would work.

Disciple

Post by Disciple »

I haven't tried it, but could adafruit.io be a ready-made solution? I imagine uploading thermal images in a manner similar to the PiCam project, and displaying a QR code to link parent's phones to the IOT page to download them. Just a thought.

Hallelujah!
Disciple

tkinsman

Post by tkinsman »

Thinking about it... I like the idea of using adafruit.io. I will need to learn more about it...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”