Full Circuit Playground Code/Powerpoint/Rubric
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Full Circuit Playground Code/Powerpoint/Rubric

by DillerS on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi there everybody! First Forum post, and was directed here by the helpful Adafruit Gods. Recently I've been using the Circuit Playground Classic to teach the basic concepts of Coding to Middle Schoolers and Upper Schoolers at The Steward School in Richmond, VA. For my class, the focus is on using the Circuit Playground to build something and rapidly prototype their ideas, so we try to cover it in under 8 hours and then a 4 hour project for an assistive device. In the process, I've created a lot of resources that I would like to share with you all in the hopes that it helps somebody looking for some references/resources.

Here is a big folder through Google Drive. Let me know if you would like just a plain attachment. My email is shane.diller@stewardschool.org.

The overall approach and lesson plan is to use the Google Slide Presentation as the guide and lecture method. I use Codebender, but you can also do this from the standard Arduino IDE. In about two, 60 minute, classes I manage to cover the basics and have them code along with me for Sketch 1 and 2. Then I turn them loose for the remaining classes. Typically students will get through about 3 other sketches on their own in two classes. They can pick any 3, and don't have to go in order. The rubric is for them to not just learn but demonstrate by taking the code from the Code Files folder and edit it. Check off their items as they go.

Feel free to change at will! But I'd love a note if you do use it! *Warning - Most of my slides are a bit goofy and include bad jokes*

DillerS

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.