T cobbler and 5 v pins

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Lekofraggle

T cobbler and 5 v pins

Post by Lekofraggle »

Hello,
I am an English teacher who has been tinkering with tech my whole life and have been programming computers for about a year now. I teach some tech classes, and am our school's lead programming mentor for a FIRST robotics team. I am just beginning to put my knowledge of circuits and computers together, and this place is such a valuable resource. So, I purchased a Raspberry pi a T cobbler, and assorted pieces of circuitry for various summer projects. I soldered up my T cobbler today, and checked the pins with a tester before powering it on. I noticed that the two 5 volt pins are connected. I do not see any solder bridging them. Did I mess them up, or is this the way they are wired? It seems the pi pins are this way too (it is a zero, so I soldered them all at once). So, I my question is, did I mess up my soldering in exactly the same way in two seperate places, or is this the way it is supposed to be? I just do not want to short anything out.

Thank you for this resource and your help. I am sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Sincerely,
Leko

adafruit_support_carter

Re: T cobbler and 5 v pins

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

You're good. Those pins are connected together on the board itself. See the thick red line below:
t-cobbler.jpg
t-cobbler.jpg (153.54 KiB) Viewed 260 times
You'll probably see the same thing for all the GND pins - i.e., they are also all connected together. That's also OK and expected.

Lekofraggle

Re: T cobbler and 5 v pins

Post by Lekofraggle »

Thank you. That is what I thought, but I was not certain and did not want to power it up to find out in case there was a mistake I made elsewhere that I did not see.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”