Circuit playground defects

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
liz_mangelsdorf

Circuit playground defects

Post by liz_mangelsdorf »

Over the past two years, I have purchased about 60 of your Code.org kits that include the Circuit playground classic. As we have used them over that time, I have found about 5 that are defective. Either don't get any power, or the buttons don't work. I would like to get replacements. Is this possible? Since we only use them at them in the last unit, most of them have not been used until now.

Thank you,
Liz

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Circuit playground defects

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Can you clarify what the previous use is for the 5 problematic ones? Are all 5 of them brand new / never been used?

liz_mangelsdorf

Post by liz_mangelsdorf »

They just did not work when we first started to use them. These are from the kits sold for the Code.org fundamental course. If we switched to a different board, that board worked. Tried all on another computer also.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Can you post a photo of the backs of the 5 boards. Can just be one photo with all of them sitting together. Since it sounds like you've bought these over the course of a couple of years, there's a chance you might have different versions of the Circuit Playground. Doesn't explain why they don't work, but what to do next for troubleshooting depends on what version you have.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”