๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช ๐Ÿšš Adafruit will not be shipping USPS orders Monday January 20, 2020 ๐Ÿ—“. Expedited USPS orders placed after 11am ET ๐Ÿ•š Friday January 17 will go out Tuesday January 21 ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช๐Ÿšš

NeoPixels and Servo Crickit CPX
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

NeoPixels and Servo Crickit CPX

by gbertoia on Wed May 08, 2019 10:16 pm

I am looking at the CPX/Crickit for next years classes. I have some simple Makecode blocks that move a Microservo and starts a NeoPixel animation based on a button press. Sometimes this works and other times the servo becomes unresponsive. I have not been able to get this to consistently work. I have tried this with different CPX/Crickit combinations with the same result. Tried resetting the Crickit and updating the CPX bootloader. When using the Crickit I am using the "Crickit Set Servo Block".
If I attach the servo to CPX pins and the NeoPixels to the Crickit NeoPixel terminal everything works fine. Any idea what I might be missing?

gbertoia

Re: NeoPixels and Servo Crickit CPX

by V2man on Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:03 pm

Make sure the six screws attaching the CPX to the Crickit are tight.
Try the attached
circuitplayground-crickit-servo-pb-test.uf2
(300.5 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Connect your servo to Servo #1 on the Crickit board.
Does this UF2 work in your setup?
Makecode reports these versions in my CPX/Crickit setup. (In Makecode go to Gear then About to get versions)
What version are you using?
MakecodeAbout_Version.PNG
MakecodeAbout_Version.PNG (27.19 KiB) Viewed 1180 times

V2man

Re: NeoPixels and Servo Crickit CPX

by gbertoia on Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:51 pm

Sorry have been traveling and missed your reply. It ended up working a bit later am unsure what changed. Need to finish the project when I get back to work.

Thanks for your reply

gbertoia

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.