Circuit Playground express
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Circuit Playground express

by colleenludwig on Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi:

I'm planning an advanced class in wearables. I've taught it before with Flora, but I'd like to use Circuit Playground Express, since I have them and the students have been introduced to them in the previous class. I'm noticing though that most of the wearable tutorial codes are written for Flora. I'm looking for an easy tutorial to modify the Flora code for CPE but I'm not finding one. So far, it looking a bit challenging to rewrite the code for CPE in Arduino. Any suggestions for general guidelines? I often have students repurpose the tutorials for their custom ideas.

Thanks! Colleen Ludwig, Oakland University

colleenludwig

Re: Circuit Playground express

by V2man on Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:49 pm

HarnessBra by Amelia Tetterton located here https://learn.adafruit.com/neopixel-led-harness-bra/code uses Arduino code to produce many special effects on the CPX.
Modify line 33 from #define NUM_STRIP 37 //number of LEDs called in my strand to
#define NUM_STRIP 0 //Only CPX board Used. No external LEDs.
Follow this post if you have trouble: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=155011

V2man

by V2man on Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:03 pm

In Arduino 1.8.9 go to File --> Examples --> Adafruit Circuit Playground --> Hello_CircuitPlayground --> Hello Neopixels for a simple example.

V2man

by oesterle on Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:41 pm

Hi, Colleen!

I think most of the obstacles should be pretty easy to work around; the primary challenge is probably the analog or digital pin numbers used in a Flora sketch needing to be changed to those used on a CPE (aka CPX).

Is there a specific project/sketch you'd like to move to the CPX? Can you post the source code here?
(You can copy and paste it into a reply, then highlight it, and press the [CODE] button above. That formats it nicely.)

Fortunately, in moving from the Flora, the faster speed and larger memory of the CPX work to your advantage.

Welcome to the Forums!

Cheers,

Eric

oesterle

by colleenludwig on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:23 am

Thanks everyone for your help! I don't have a specific example yet, just trying to anticipate student need. If it comes to that, I will post code if I need help. Again thanks much to all of you who replied!!

colleenludwig

by westfw on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:12 am

Are you asking about changing Flora “arduino” sketches into CircuitPython programs for CPE?
It should be pretty easy to convert to CPE “arduino” sketches...
westfw

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.