Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Need 50 ItsyBitsy M0's (or similar) for a college course
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Need 50 ItsyBitsy M0's (or similar) for a college course

by jmaloney on Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:31 pm

Hi. I'm working with an educator at San Jose State University who would like to use MicroBlocks on the ItsyBitsy M0 Express (or similar) for a class of 50 students this semester.

That item is currently out of stock. The Trinket M0 is also out of stock and there are only 23 Feather M0's in stock. I've put myself on the relevant notify lists. However, given the fact that COVID-19 has disrupted getting stuff from China, I'm wondering: how soon those items are likely to become available in quantities of 50+? If the ItsyBitsy M0 Express won't be available soon, could you suggest another low-cost board (i.e. under $20) board with a SAM21 processor that he might use instead?

Thank you!

jmaloney

Re: Need 50 ItsyBitsy M0's (or similar) for a college course

by kevinjwalters on Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:40 am

kevinjwalters

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:09 pm

Hey @jmaloney, I think @kevinjwalters advice is probably the best for near term. There is currently no way to really predict when anything related to covid will clear up.

In terms of possible other hardware - are you specially needing something SAMD21 based? Can't use SAMD51?

adafruit_support_carter

by jmaloney on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:34 am

Re: SAMD51

Are you thinking of the ItsyBitsy M4 (https://www.adafruit.com/product/3800)? Yes, that could be an option. Our software (MicroBlocks) doesn't yet support that particular board, but support should be easy to add since the pinout is similar to the ItsyBitsy M0.

However, it sounds like most AdaFruit operations are on hold for now. I'll check back periodically.

Please take care of yourselves, especially those of you in NYC.

jmaloney

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:03 pm

Please take care of yourselves, especially those of you in NYC.

Thanks. You too. Yes, please just keep an eye out and when things get back to normal we can pick this up.

If you need Adafruit items near term, please check stock at DigiKey.

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.