Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Gemma v2
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Gemma v2

by lindyhockenbary on Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:39 am

I am teaching an e-textiles class on Wednesday where we are doing a super simple LED sequin project (3 sequins and we are not even programming yet). We had to order the Gemma v2 because the Gemma M0 was out of stock.

I can't seem to get the programmable pins to work on the Gemma v2. On the M0 they just worked...

D0 and D2 don't work at all. I don't get any power to the sequin. D1 turns the sequin on for about 3 seconds and then it turns back off.

What am I doing wrong?

lindyhockenbary

Re: Gemma v2

by dastels on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:37 pm

Please note that the Gemma V2 is an old board and based on a completely different MCU than the Gemma M0. Even so, the pins should work fine. Can you post the code you are using? It may need some slight changes to work on the other board.

Have a look at https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-gemma-m0/adapting-sketches-to-m0. You may need to apply some of the advice in reverse to adapt from M0 to ATtiny85.
Also please note:
Deprecation Warning: The Gemma bit-bang USB technique it uses doesn't work as well as it did in 2014, many modern computers won't work well. So while we still carry the Gemma so that people can maintain some older projects, we no longer recommend it.

Dave

dastels

Re: Gemma v2

by lindyhockenbary on Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:35 pm

I am not using any code at this point. Basically just using the Gemma like a battery pack.

lindyhockenbary

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.