Please note: Friday June 18 is a holiday celebrating Juneteenth, please allow extra time for your order to arrive and plan accordingly.

Sending data over serial port (Rx,Tx)
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Sending data over serial port (Rx,Tx)

by AsdBabel on Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:33 am

Hi,

I am trying to send data (numbers) from Adafruit Feather nRF52840 Express to Particle Photon by using Serial UART (Tx, Rx).
I tried simple codes but I didn't get any reasonable result. The Particle Photon give me 0
Is there any tutorial or example can help me to write the code???

Any help is appreciated in advance.

AsdBabel

Re: Sending data over serial port (Rx,Tx)

by blnkjns on Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:46 am

I always start with loading a UART forwarder on both boards if they have Serial and some form of USB serial like the 32u4, M0,M3,M4 etc have.
Arduino menu: File->Examples->04 Communication->Serial Pass Through.
Do you have 2 computers so you can connect both boards to a serial monitor on one machine?
If you can't get that to work straight away, you might need to tweak baud-rates and serial port names like Serial, Serial1, SerialUSB and such. You can find the serial port names in the board documentation.
Upon success, move ahead from that sample code.

blnkjns

Re: Sending data over serial port (Rx,Tx)

by AsdBabel on Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:37 pm

blnkjns wrote:I always start with loading a UART forwarder on both boards if they have Serial and some form of USB serial like the 32u4, M0,M3,M4 etc have.
Arduino menu: File->Examples->04 Communication->Serial Pass Through.
Do you have 2 computers so you can connect both boards to a serial monitor on one machine?
If you can't get that to work straight away, you might need to tweak baud-rates and serial port names like Serial, Serial1, SerialUSB and such. You can find the serial port names in the board documentation.
Upon success, move ahead from that sample code.

Thanks for a prompt comment. Unfortunately, I have only one computer which I use for Adafruit and Particle Photon boards.
Could you please suggest simplest code for sending a data over UART Serial ports?

AsdBabel

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.