Adalogger with RMD6300 RFID

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
maj8

Adalogger with RMD6300 RFID

Post by maj8 »

I am new to the Adalogger but keen to use it with an RMD6300 RFID tag reader to monitor how individual animals are using particular types of shelter. I have tried cannibalizing's various sketches without success. Grateful for any advice.

Franklin97355

Re: Adalogger with RMD6300 RFID

Post by Franklin97355 »

What type of adalogger are you using and what processor? Are you sure the reader can read the tags on the animals? You say that you have cannibalized programs, what are they and do they work at all? Take a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y89yJ1Fq-hQ

maj8

Re: Adalogger with RMD6300 RFID

Post by maj8 »

Thanks I initially used the code from this video - https://youtu.be/l8RDbHd1cak
It works for Arduino Uno and the RMD6300 RFID shown in the video. It reliably detects the 125hz tags that i want to use. I am now trying to use the same RMD6300 attached to an Adalogger Feather M0. I have tried to adapt the Arduino code that had worked previously and I have also tried to start from scratch but cannot get the code to run. I realise that there may also be a voltage issue in that the mcu has a 3.7v output and the rfid circuit uses 5v. I also tried using an ESP32 TTG0 T8 but coding for using the ESP32 appeared even more problematic. I want a compact mcu with on board SD - the whole package needs to be small so that I can fit it inside a pipe that we will use as a shelter for lobsters - we want to monitor their use of the shelters in a shallow tank.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”