Raspberry Pi 4

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jammincomedy

Raspberry Pi 4

Post by jammincomedy »

Hello. I currently have five Raspberry Pi 3's that run the Raspian operating system. We received them as part of an aquaponics consortium in Southwestern Pennsylvania. I am a business teacher and ended up with them because only 2 of the 7 that were received were needed for the aquaponics work being done in the school.

I'm looking to upgrade to the Raspberry Pi 4. In looking at the 8GB version available on the Adrafruit website, can anybody tell me what comes with that? I'd be using it for a lot of the projects that are provided on the Raspberry Pi Foundation's website and maybe a few more advanced projects. It would be part of a class that would also use JIMU robots, Circuit Playgrounds, and Cue Cleverbots.

On a separate note, what is the difference between the standard Raspberry Pi and the one that comes built into a keyboard? Thank you.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Raspberry Pi 4

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Unless you buy a "kit" you only get the Raspberry Pi board itself. So you'd need to add a SD card and power supply at a minimum. Hardware beyond that depends on your use.
On a separate note, what is the difference between the standard Raspberry Pi and the one that comes built into a keyboard?
If you are referring to the Pi 400, they have different board hardware internally. But they are based on the same processor used on the other Pi boards. So from the point of view of the user, you can think of it as just a Pi put inside a keyboard. The GPIO header pin on the back is the same.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”