Return

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
victoriatechaccess

Return

Post by victoriatechaccess »

Hello,

I need to return a set of 30 pi badges. They will not start. We have ordered new ones, but we need to return the ones that we had ordered previously. The order number is 2156790-2994920454. Can anyone help to facilitate a refund? Thank you in advance.

mikeysklar

Re: Return

Post by mikeysklar »

@victoriatechaccess,

Is this something we can help you troubleshoot? Are you certain the "new ones" will work given that there was some sort of issue with the original order? What was the purchase date?

victoriatechaccess

Hello,

We have received the new ones and they do work. We will need to return the old ones. Purchase date of the old order was 3/19/2021. We need to facilitate a return of that order, given that the new ones do work. For reference, the order number was 2156790-2994920454.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

We don't accept returns for items purchased over 30 days ago unless there is a manufacturing error on our part.

What is the issue with the original Pi badges?

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

a full 30 not starting is definitely unusual - we sell a lot of these and haven't had anyone with such an issue! what have you tried?

victoriatechaccess

Hi @mikeysklar and @adafruit2, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. So, after speaking with the teacher who was using the badges (for clarity): whenever she tried to turn on a badge, it would have an error message. They would also not reboot. She's tried it on Mac, PC, and multiple cords and they had the same result.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

we'll need a little more info, can you post a photo showing what the error is? that way we can help get them working

victoriatechaccess

Hi @adafruit2, thanks for your quick reply. We have already ordered new ones but I can definitely send pictures once I get back into my office so I can show you what's going on. We'd like a refund or, if possible, a store credit for the ones that we had ordered previously. Who can we get in contact with in order to make that happen?

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Please provide a description of why you feel the first 30 pybadges you have ordered are defective. If photos help explain the issue then please provide those.

victoriatechaccess

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

@victoriatechaccess,

Thank you for the clear video and screenshot. This unit looks to be working fine and has a basic "hello world" program running. You can drop in a new code.py when connected via USB to update what the board is running. Was there something else you were expecting the unit to do out of the box?

victoriatechaccess

Hi @mikeysklar,

Since we've had difficulty with the previous ones and we have since ordered new ones, we'd like to facilitate a return for store credit. Could that be possible?

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

I think that will be an issue as well as you did not work with us to resolve any confusion you had with the original order before placing the next. However, you can contact [email protected] to ask for clarification on the policy for store credit. It is different than that of return so might have more options to work with.

victoriatechaccess

Thanks! I'll get started on that.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”