Wordle on PyPortal

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kevinjwalters

Wordle on PyPortal

Post by kevinjwalters »

I've just got a version of Wordle running on the PyPortal using its touch screen: Wordle on Adafruit PyPortal in CircuitPython (YouTube). Ignoring the code, the game has some educational use for vocabulary and understanding letter frequency and strategies. I'm assuming the PyPortal has limited use in education, though. Most of its there and the complexity is hidden away in two classes but there's still a bit to finish up/tidy. I'll post a follow up if I finish the code.

dastels

Re: Wordle on PyPortal

Post by dastels »

I assume this lets a human play wordle as opposed to being an automated wordle player.

Dave

kevinjwalters

Post by kevinjwalters »

Yes, human player only. I suppose you could add a bot player but the normal game checks inputs against its word list and only permits those as guesses.

I had to deal with a few memory issues but I've now got it retrieving the time and did a quick test with a custom word list: Wordle on Adafruit PyPortal in CircuitPython - alternative word list (YouTube).

kevinjwalters

Post by kevinjwalters »

The on-screen keyboard with simple adafruit_touchscreen use isn't great but with a bit of post-processing of the touches it works pretty welll now. I put the code in https://github.com/kevinjwalters/circui ... r/pyportal - it can use any list of 5 letter words with one word per line in a file called gamewords.txt.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”