2 motors on Crickit with Mac

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pabianchi

2 motors on Crickit with Mac

Post by pabianchi »

Hi,
I'm teaching a high school technology class using the Circuit Playground Express with Crickit. We're trying to build robots with two DC motors each, programming them via MakeCode. I and one of the students using Windows machines have been fine. Most of the students are using Mac laptops, and all run into the same problem: one motor can be controlled ok (turned on and off, reversed), but with two dc motors, both motors just turn on and stay on, ignoring any further commands. I read an earlier thread where the power seemed to be the problem, but these are all running off battery packs with 3 fresh AA battieries. Several times (though not consistently) I have been able to program a non-working robot from my machine with the same code a student tried, and it then works. After three classes of trial and error, we've unfortunately had to give up on the robot project after they got too frustrated. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Paul Bianchi

mikeysklar

Re: 2 motors on Crickit with Mac

Post by mikeysklar »

Paul,

I see we have some matching issues on this topic.
Try using
ButtonEvent.Click

My experience .down events are subject to bouncing
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=176684&p=860569&hi ... ff#p860569
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=138258&p=684906&hi ... op#p684906

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”