LPS33HW pressure sensor port fell off

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
efeigenbaum

LPS33HW pressure sensor port fell off

Post by efeigenbaum »

Hi. I just bought this device and tried putting a tube on the port of the pressure sensor and the port fell off the board. Is there a way to put it back on and have the sensor still work? It cost me $20 and I don;'t want to have wasted my school's money.

Thanks.

efeigenbaum

Re: LPS33HW pressure sensor port fell off

Post by efeigenbaum »

Now it's not working at all- it can't find the chip and it is connected correctly. I wonder if I received a faulty device....Is there a way to get a replacement? I bought in on Amazon but it is an Adafruit product. Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_5506.JPG
IMG_5506.JPG (201.25 KiB) Viewed 1663 times
IMG_5506.JPG
IMG_5506.JPG (201.25 KiB) Viewed 1663 times

efeigenbaum

Post by efeigenbaum »

I set up for a return to Amazon, and I reordered the part. Can you give me guidance on how to connect the proper tubing to the nozzle? My students want to use it to measure the air pressure inside a water bottle - so I want to attach a tube that will extend into the bottle - so that the as the water level changes, the air pressure inside the tubing will be measured. What size tubing and/or O-ring do I need and how do I connect it? I can't find any information about it.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

since you have the fitting you might use it to test the tube for fit. I don't have the sensor so I can't measure it but you might. just, as the description says be careful and don't apply side forces.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”