Circuit Playground question

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
echeeve1

Circuit Playground question

Post by echeeve1 »

I'm not sure where to send my question - so please forward as appropriate. I teach engineering at Swarthmore College and am putting together a course for the fall that will rely on Arduino's as an intro to hardware and software. I was going to put together my own Arduino shield with acceleromter, buttons, neopixels, other sensors/actuators when I came across your "Circuit Playground - Developer Edition, PRODUCT ID: 3000" which meets my needs almost perfectly. However, it seems this is a "beta" device and I need to make sure I can get close to 100 of them in about mid October. I also plan to design a small circuit board with some extra components (servos, potentiometers) that will attach (via screws) to the Circuit Playground - in order to do this I need to make sure the physical layout of the connectors will be unchanged. Please contact me (phone might be best since there are many details to discuss - 610-551-2978 or [email protected]). I look forward to hearing from you.

apophene

Re: Circuit Playground question

Post by apophene »

Hi!

I have no answers, but I am hoping to give this topic a little bump, as I am in a similar situation—hoping to use the Circuit Playground this Fall for an undergraduate art/design course.

I won't need so many, but I am curious if there is a roadmap yet as to when Adafruit's stock will transition from the the Dev Edition to the Regular Edition, and if there will be major changes to the product when that happens. A heads up would be extremely useful for planning!

Many Thanks!
Chad

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Circuit Playground question

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

At this time, we really can't say that there will be no changes. It should be very similar, but we can't say that it will be 100% the same.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”