Beagle Bone will not program

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
SarahSellers

Beagle Bone will not program

Post by SarahSellers »

A BeagleBone Black Rev C - 4GB from our recent order will not program (Order # 2583835-6008009116 on 07/07/2021). The unit becomes hot to the touch when we try to program. We would like to exchange the unit for a new one.

mikeysklar

Re: Beagle Bone will not program

Post by mikeysklar »

@SarahSellers,

This sounds like an issue.

Have you been using other Beagle Bone blacks with the same power supply and peripherals connected?

What are you using for a power supply and what is connected?

SarahSellers

Post by SarahSellers »

Hello Mike,

Honestly, I don't know. I'm the Purchasing Manager and was asked by my team for a replacement unit. Our QC Manager let me know of the issues.

I've had to post on this forum to request an exchange. How can this be facilitated?

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

These forums are used for replacement orders, but we need to do some quick sanity checks as to what the issue was.

I'll need your QC manager to submit some details as to my original questions:
Have you been using other Beagle Bone blacks with the same power supply and peripherals connected?

What are you using for a power supply and what is connected?
These boards are known to get hot and BeagleBone does recommend active cooling fans.

If this issue seems more severe we can discuss this further.

SarahSellers

Post by SarahSellers »

Robbin Here, QA manager for SE International. You have been talking with Sarah about a defective BB Black. Here's the issue. I use a microSD card to program all these BBB's. I can normally put the card in, apply the 5 volt power thru the 5 volt input and it does its thing. On occasion it doesn't program the first time, so I unplug the power, plug it back in and press the button next to the SC card slot (boot button). this usually works.

On the BBB in question, I tried to program it 4 times. The BBB itself got much hotter than in normal usage. I suspect a bad chip.

I have been using these for 5 years now, even before the rev C we use now. Never had this issue before.

All we want is a replacement and we will send you the defective one.

Thanks for your time,
Robbin

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

@Robbin (and @SarahSellers),

Thank you for the details of your setup and troubelshooting.

Please send an e-mail to [email protected] requesting a replacement for your Beagle Bone Black. Include your order# and a link to this forum thread.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Beagle Bone & Adafruit Beagle Bone products”