BBB and 3396 touch screen...drivers?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

BBB and 3396 touch screen...drivers?

by jadamson on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:19 pm

Just got the 4.3 cap touch screen, plugged it into the BBB, and the screen looks great. But nothing out of the touchscreen. I'm in the process of imaging your file onto an SD card, but in the end, I need to include the driver and any setups, device trees, etc, in my Yocto build recipe so I can use your screen with the work we've already done with another panel (resistive touch). Any pointers toward that (driver, device tree, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

jadamson

Re: BBB and 3396 touch screen...drivers?

by drewfustini on Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:59 am

jadamson wrote:Just got the 4.3 cap touch screen, plugged it into the BBB, and the screen looks great. But nothing out of the touchscreen. I'm in the process of imaging your file onto an SD card

Are you downloading the image from element14 as mentioned in the Firmware Image Support PDF?

That page on element14 links to this zip file:
BBB43LCD.zip

To get this cape working in Yocto, I would suggest posting in the comments of this element14 page:
README - 4.3 LCD Display Cape for Beaglebone Black

The page does note that:
at the time of issue of this README note, the official firmware images provided by beagleboard.org do NOT fully support this display. Manual updates may be required to enable all aspects of the display when using a beagleboard.org provided firmware image.

You may also want to post a question in the BeagleBoard discussion area on element14.

In general, the BeagleBoard google group is the primary venue for discussion of BeagleBone and BeagleBoard by the BeagleBoard.org community.

drewfustini

by jadamson on Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:23 pm

Thanks, your advice to post on the Beaglebone google group was excellent.

There's a thread over there with the dirty details, but the short answer is:

https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-o ... 4-00A0.dts

jadamson

by drewfustini on Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:41 pm

Thanks for the update.

drewfustini

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.