0

RE: Downgrading to 1.0.3 Adafruit_BBIO
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

RE: Downgrading to 1.0.3 Adafruit_BBIO

by silver2row on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:05 pm

Hello,

How do I downgrade to Adafruit_BBIO version 1.0.3?

Seth

P.S. I figured out which version works w/ my current config. and I want to downgrade to that version. Is this possible?

silver2row
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: RE: Downgrading to 1.0.3 Adafruit_BBIO

by drewfustini on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:19 pm

I believe this should do it:
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
sudo pip uninstall Adafruit_BBIO
 
sudo pip install Adafruit_BBIO==1.0.3

drewfustini
 
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:19 pm

Re: RE: Downgrading to 1.0.3 Adafruit_BBIO

by silver2row on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:14 pm

Hello Sir,

I know I have been taking up your time lately. Thank you for this info.

Seth

silver2row
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: RE: Downgrading to 1.0.3 Adafruit_BBIO

by silver2row on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:57 pm

Hello Again,

You were right. I made the commands available that you gave me. It worked. I am running version 1.0.3 now.

Seth

P.S. Who wrote the python-smbus library? I am changing the Adafruit_I2C.py file in the dist-packages in my files on the BBG and I find that I might have to revert back to an older python-smbus library.

silver2row
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: RE: Downgrading to 1.0.3 Adafruit_BBIO

by silver2row on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Hello Once More,

Look...I am sorry for keeping up on this software and the examples but I really want to try and get this motorbridgeCape working w/ the BBG and the current image/kernel.

Seth

P.S. Um...where is the software for Adafruit_GPIO.I2C? I looked and looked. I am coming up empty on GitHub.com. I found an older model of Adafruit_I2C and it is able to be changed. This is great but I need to change smbus too. If you are willing to share, please let me know.

silver2row
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: RE: Downgrading to 1.0.3 Adafruit_BBIO

by silver2row on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:17 pm

Hello Sir,

This is the software running w/ the error code. Please view the photo.

Seth

P.S. I can change the software to suit my needs w/ this Cape but I thought about it. "Why not update everything and change the current config. to suit my needs?" This is my current affair. I keep trying to make the Motor Bridge Cape work w/ each, new kernel and different, chosen images.
Attachments
Python.mbcUse.PNG
Errors while my software runs...
Python.mbcUse.PNG (20.21 KiB) Viewed 665 times

silver2row
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: RE: Downgrading to 1.0.3 Adafruit_BBIO

by drewfustini on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:20 am

silver2row wrote:P.S. Who wrote the python-smbus library? I am changing the Adafruit_I2C.py file in the dist-packages in my files on the BBG and I find that I might have to revert back to an older python-smbus library.

I believe python-smbus is installed from this package:
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/python-smbus

drewfustini
 
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:19 pm

Re: RE: Downgrading to 1.0.3 Adafruit_BBIO

by drewfustini on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:21 am

silver2row wrote:P.S. Um...where is the software for Adafruit_GPIO.I2C? I looked and looked. I am coming up empty on GitHub.com. I found an older model of Adafruit_I2C and it is able to be changed. This is great but I need to change smbus too. If you are willing to share, please let me know.

This is the source for Adafruit_GPIO.I2C:
https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Py ... PIO/I2C.py

drewfustini
 
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:19 pm

Re: RE: Downgrading to 1.0.3 Adafruit_BBIO

by drewfustini on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:23 am

silver2row wrote:Hello Sir,

This is the software running w/ the error code. Please view the photo.

Seth

P.S. I can change the software to suit my needs w/ this Cape but I thought about it. "Why not update everything and change the current config. to suit my needs?" This is my current affair. I keep trying to make the Motor Bridge Cape work w/ each, new kernel and different, chosen images.

This is screenshot is not sufficient to know what is happening.

You will need to copy and paste the entire contents of the terminal including the command that you ran. You will also need to link to the code that is running.

You may also want to check with Seeed Studio as I have no way to test the Seeed Studio Motorbridge Cape.

drewfustini
 
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:19 pm

Re: RE: Downgrading to 1.0.3 Adafruit_BBIO

by silver2row on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:24 am

Sir,

Thank you. You are right about that info. I found it while I was roaming around.

Seth

P.S. If you ever get bored of helping me, just say so. I can hack some more instead of harass you. Thank you, again.

silver2row
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: RE: Downgrading to 1.0.3 Adafruit_BBIO

by silver2row on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:26 am

Yes Sir,

I will keep checking w/ Seeed-Studion.

Seth

silver2row
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: RE: Downgrading to 1.0.3 Adafruit_BBIO

by silver2row on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:44 am

Hello Sir,

I got the software Adafruit_I2C.py and MotorBridge.py to work w/ Adafruit_BBIO v1.0.3 tonight. Thank you again for your support.

Seth

P.S. The motors will be turning.

silver2row
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.