Qt Programming

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
aho6471

Qt Programming

Post by aho6471 »

Hi.
I want to use C/C++ programming on beagle bone with qt with out any graphical application.
could you please tell me how can i start this? what is the first step?
thanks.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Qt Programming

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Derek Molloy probably has the best description of setting up a Qt toolchain:

http://derekmolloy.ie/beaglebone/qt-wit ... eaglebone/

Tawa

Post by Tawa »

I've been trying to set up the same (as per derek's tutorials) for a few days now, problem I'm having is compatible image files and writing these to the BBB eMMC; latest angstrom throws a kernel version error upon installing qt4-embedded, while you can -Force the instal, it throws a permissions error when trying to run the example so I continue to look for a compatible image...

If anyone has an image that works, or other tips, I'd be glad to receive them!

Otherwise I'll continue trying, and let you know if (and how) I crack it.

Tawa

Post by Tawa »

Managed to get this working, used angstrom BBB-eMMC-flasher-2013.09.04 with qt4embedded etc installed. On the PC I used MVSC2015 with VisualGDB, beaglebone-gcc4.7.3, MinGW-gcc440_1, and qt-win-opensource-4.8.1-mingw installed. Versions are very important to get right as the mingw versions have to match (the gcc440 took a lot of finding). Then followed the guide on http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/beaglebone/qt-embedded/ to get it working. Worth noting it will ask you to install QT4, just ignore this and it still works.

OpenCV, as imported from the BBB (opkg installed etc) also works, but libs must be explicitly included, and named in the VisualGDB properties.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Beagle Bone & Adafruit Beagle Bone products”