29.49 MHz crystal p/n

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
terpDriver

29.49 MHz crystal p/n

Post by terpDriver »

The part number listed in the MintyMP3Cost.xls spreadsheet (CSA309-29.4912MABJ) is for the cylindrical package, not the SMT. I just got mine in and I'll just make it work since I already sent out for the PCB. But I wanted to give a heads-up to anybody else ordering parts based on that spreadsheet.

luke

Post by luke »

how important is the capacitance? I've got to put an order into Digikey anyway (because i fried my first attempt at soldering the pic on, and microchip has them on backorder). I'm looking at part number CM309A29.4912MABJT, which has a capacitance of 18 pf instead of 20 pf. i can't find an smt one that is exactly the same. ladyada, do you happen to know which part you used? or did you use the cylinder one?

luke

Post by luke »

also, am I in danger of this not fitting on the board? sorry if these questions are stupid, this is my first project like this. kinda sad, seeing as how i'll be graduating from an EE program in a month ;)

Luke

Post by Luke »

why not another post? haha. FYI, that part number was from digikey. the catalog link is http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T052/0793-0795.pdf and it's on page 2. thanks!

terpDriver

Post by terpDriver »

After I made my post I was reading through old threads and found one where xoxota had found that the part listed was the cylindrical package also, and ladyada was like "its ok, just solder it to the pads." So the cylindrical one probably works i guess. And for that matter an SMT package crystal with the same specs as the cylindrical one should work too. (i.e. 18pF rather than 20pF)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”