Designing A Solar Powered MintyMP3 With Slight Variations?

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
busterross

Designing A Solar Powered MintyMP3 With Slight Variations?

Post by busterross »

I'm organizing the 7th annual sustainability and social justice conference at evergreen state in olympia, may 19th-24th and...

It's a long story, but I am writing a proposal to the school's clean energy panel to get some grant money for them a clean energy project that is a little more interesting than the solar rickshaw and such things they've funded in the past.

There is going to be a massive music collaboration project going on over the next four month all across the country, and during the conference students will be recording the hour long collaborative piece that the group of 15 evergreen students and 15 incredible musicians visiting will have been writing.

There are some incredible and well known contributors involved, and i've been brainstorming for a way to release the music. obviously it will be available online, but we need a physical medium, even as few just 1 to as many 100.

Could I get some advice and answers on this stuff(one set of answers if cost is not important, one set if we wanted to do this as cheaply as possible):

Mounting a solar cell to the altoid tin... The player would not even need to charge a battery any real amount. The idea would be that is was only meant to be used outside, in the sun...But it would be nice to have the charge carryover if the listener is the shade for even just a few minutes, maybe a little longer. We wouldn't want people to be able to set it out to charge a big reserve of power and listen later on somewhere else(like indoors).

We would want to put one hour of music on it, and we would never need to be able to update/change/alter the data. We would need only 1 button, a start/stop button. The hour would be one straight track, that could not be paused or fastforwarded or rewound. We wouldn't want a headphone jack, but rather to directly hardwire a set of cheap headphones(with a volume control built in).

The player could be cased in a variety of different things, but the point would be something that would be smart to recycle. On the opposite side of the solar cell we would put the "artwork/album info" to make the player a packaging in itself. We would want no led screen, just a start/stop button.

The only other thing we could consider would a be a switch that would turn off the headphones and turn on an fm transmitter, for the purpose of listening while in a car, but thats not crucial at all.

The smaller the better.

IF ANYONE COULD BE GREAT AT MAKING SOMETHING LIKE THIS(HOPEFULLY EVEN BETTER), I CAN GET YOU A PLANE TICKET OUT ANYTIME, THE SOONER THE BETTER, AND WE WILL PAY YOU A VERY FAIR HONORARIUM, AND BRING YOU BACK OUT TO SPEAK AT THE CONFERENCE ABOUT THE PLAYER.

email me: [email protected]

WE NEED A SELF CONTAINED ALBUM, thats what this is. No itunes/computer/electrical sockets/lineout/ BANNED. a standalone, like a digital buddahbox.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”