๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช ๐Ÿšš Adafruit will not be shipping USPS orders Monday October 14, 2019 ๐Ÿ—“. Expedited USPS orders placed after 11am ET ๐Ÿ•š Friday October 11 will go out Tuesday October 15 ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช๐Ÿšš

sampling from microchip
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

sampling from microchip

by luke on Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:55 am

From the text and the lack of questions it sounds like i should be easily able to sample from microchip. however after registering, it gives me an error saying that it only does business samples in my country (us). is there some trick i don't know? i'm a student, but i said that i was working for a business.
luke

by Guest on Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:16 pm

I just gave the name of my company and had it shipped to my house.

by luke on Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:11 pm

it said that i had to log in under a company account. i gave a real (fake) company name, and it didn't do anything.
luke

by chaostic-offline on Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:01 pm

Is your email a generic one? If its yahoo or the like, its not going to work, i think. Try a dodgeit.com email. Their free, but open with no password, so beware of what gets sent there.
chaostic-offline

did it work?

by magicme on Wed May 18, 2005 10:39 pm

did the dodgeit.com email allow you to recieve the microchip samples?
magicme

by luke on Thu May 19, 2005 7:09 pm

i think i just ended up using my school e-mail (@osu.edu)
luke

by Guest on Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:17 pm

When I sampled from Microchip under company i just put "none" and i've order samples twice, no problem :D

by Guest on Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:44 am

luke wrote:i think i just ended up using my school e-mail (@osu.edu)

I think the response you get from sample.microchip.com, or at least their receptiveness, has a lot to do with where you're ordering from. When I was also ordering from an osu.edu email account, I could get up to 30 chips a month no probelm... and lots and lots of 18F452s! I think they thought osu=big science= possible orders.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.