Weak Pi Z
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Weak Pi Z

by bitbender on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Hello,

I am beginning to think one of the pi zero W I got on this order has some intermittent issues, along with the connector for the dsi port is missing. My issues revolve around the fact that I can plug the sd card into one of the pi and connect to my router 15 feet away and the other apparently has trouble seeing if from the same spot. The hdmi output blanks out on my screen way more and I have been fiddling with the config text and groups, modes and boost level to see if it makes a difference. I see enough a difference between the two boards to start wondering if the second one is a little under par, along with a broken/missing DSI cover. So with that being said how do we proceed here to get a different, up to par pi?

bitbender

Re: Weak Pi Z

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Sounds like the one board may have been physically damaged somehow. Can you post a photo of the two boards.

Also - in your testing, are you making sure everything is as much the same between the two boards as possible? Power, cables, SD card, OS, software settings, etc.

adafruit_support_carter

by bitbender on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:42 am

My testing used the same exact cables and sd with os to remove as many discrepancies as possible. I literally swapped them from one to the other while doing this.
Attachments
B18A2031.JPG
B18A2031.JPG (238.66 KiB) Viewed 69 times

bitbender

by adafruit_support_carter on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:23 pm

Email support@adafruit.com with your order number and a link to this thread and they can get you a replacement Pi Zero W.

Not sure what could cause a performance issue between the two, but the missing CSI connector part is enough to warrant a replacement. Did you happen to find it loose in the bag with the Pi Zero?

adafruit_support_carter

by bitbender on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:37 pm

The cover was in two pieces in the bag and now in the trash. Not much could be done with it. It is really anyone's guess what the issue is. Not worth much effort in digging in for a cheap board. Just one that got through with some random issue/s.

bitbender

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.