Pi Zero W kernel panic when installing
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Pi Zero W kernel panic when installing

by z1231 on Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:29 pm

Customer support directed me to post here. In the latest raspbian lite Ive tried to install upgrade and jed multiple times on my pi zero w but it throws an error each time. I've tried multiple sd cards an older raspbian lite, the full version and different power sources. It can run basic commands like ping fine but installation doesn't work. When I used the same sd card on another board everything worked fine. Im assuming there is something wrong with board. This was all done over ssh and Putty, The SD cards were flashed with balenaEtcher.
Attachments
pizerolog.txt
(6.23 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

z1231

Re: Pi Zero W kernel panic when installing

by adafruit_support_mike on Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:31 am

Hmm.. I don't recognize those errors.

Generally speaking, some part of the code that should connect to the internet and look for updates is failing, and the output you're getting looks like a coredump.

As a sanity check, have you enabled and configured the Wifi interface so it can communicate with the internet?

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Pi Zero W kernel panic when installing

by z1231 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:00 am

I think so I put in a conf file with the following. I used the same file for the other board.

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
country=US
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
    ssid=name"
    psk="pass"
}

z1231

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.