Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Matching LiPoly Charger to Cable
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Matching LiPoly Charger to Cable

by xorlando on Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:56 pm

I'm looking for some help making sure I order the right adapter cable for the next phase in my solar weather Pi project.
I ordered the USB / DC / Solar Lithium Ion/Polymer charger - v2 PID: 390, 3.8 / 1.3mm or 3.5 / 1.1mm to 5.5 / 2.1mm DC Jack Adapter Cable PID: 2788, and Large 6V 3.5W Solar panel - 3.5 Watt PID: 500. The adapter cable doesn't fit the LiPoly charger (pretty sure; I don't have them with me atm). I didn't think there was a way to go wrong on picking these, but apparently there is.

I'm happy to hold to these; I just want to know the write adapter cable to order so I can connect the adapter to the solar panel.

xorlando

Re: Matching LiPoly Charger to Cable

by adafruit_support_mike on Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:20 am

It sounds like you have the right adapter for that panel. The 1.1mm plug needs a strong push though.. in the range where someone who isn't used to it would say, "I don't want to break it."

Having said that, the issue is now my fault. ;-) Go ahead and try giving it a good shove.

adafruit_support_mike

by xorlando on Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:06 pm

Thanks Mike! I'll give it a shot. Won't be united with the equipment till early next week though.

xorlando

by xorlando on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:36 am

Thought I'd post a followup - the plugs do fit, I just needed to apply force more confidently. Thanks again!

xorlando

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.