Adafruit Arcade Bonnet speaker system: no audio.
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit Arcade Bonnet speaker system: no audio.

by Parking__Meter on Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:19 pm

I recently bought a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ along with an Adafruit Arcade bonnet to begin making a handheld gameboy-like emulator. The SD card I received was pre-loaded with Raspbian Pixel. I hooked up the the Raspberry pi and started to install software for the bonnet, which went well until I got to the audio setup; no audio came out when I finished the process. I tried different mono speakers and attempted to go to the audio settings which kicked me out each time I tried. Also the red light on the bonnet feels like it only goes on when it wants to. I researched this problem and found that the volume does not work with Raspbian Pixel, and that it will work with Raspbian Lite. I tried setting up Rasbian Lite on a fresh SD card only to be overwhelmed on the setup of the OS. I don't have any of the experience needed to use Raspbian Lite. I'm also confused why the speaker option was advertised or even included on Arcade Bonnet in the first place, if it's only compatible with a non-user friendly OS.

Any support or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PM
Attachments
3422-00.jpg
Adafruit Arcade Bonnet (not soldered)
3422-00.jpg (946.02 KiB) Viewed 52 times

Parking__Meter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.