Adafruit BrainCraft HAT - Machine Learning for Raspberry Pi
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit BrainCraft HAT - Machine Learning for Raspberry Pi

by SpencerLhasa on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:32 pm

For the Adafruit BrainCraft HAT - Machine Learning for Raspberry Pi 4, I am having problems with the 240×240 TFT IPS display backlight diffuser. It appears to be improperly installed as the display is dim, the top of the display is very dark and as you approach the bottom it gets brighter and the three LEDs are hot spots.

1) Tell us what product you are asking about, your Adafruit order number, and when you purchased the item.
1 x Adafruit BrainCraft HAT - Machine Learning for Raspberry Pi 4[ID:4374] =$44.95
Order Confirmation No: 2656790-588613615
Sep 13, 2021

2) Post clear photos, focused, and detailed pictures of the front and back of the boards, as well as any connections to the board.
The pictures appear better than it really is.
a.jpg
a.jpg (78.33 KiB) Viewed 40 times

b.jpg
b.jpg (72.99 KiB) Viewed 40 times

Please tell me how to get a replacement for the part. Other than this issue, everything is working so far.

thanks

SpencerLhasa

Re: Adafruit BrainCraft HAT - Machine Learning for Raspberry

by mikeysklar on Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:46 pm

Okay, let's try another Braincraft board. I believe this TFT is based on our 1.54" 240x240 screen which can have an issue with the display peeling away from the LEDs.

Please note! This display is designed original for smart watches and similar, where there's a glass over the screen. Without something gently holding the screen down, the backlight can eventually peel away from the TFT. (It's not destructive but it's unattractive) You can prevent this by, ideally, adding a plastic or glass cover/overlay. If using bare, try dabbing a touch of E6000 or similar craft glue on the thin side edges, or using a thin piece of tape to keep the front TFT attached to the backlight

https://www.adafruit.com/product/3787

Please e-mail support@adafruit.com requesting a replacement Braincraft board. Include your order# and link to this forum thread for approval.

mikeysklar

by SpencerLhasa on Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:22 pm

Mike,
Thanks for the over the weekend reply. I wasn't expecting that, but thanks again.

SpencerLhasa

by SpencerLhasa on Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:04 pm

Thanks again, new part ordered via RMA, that was quick and easy!

SpencerLhasa

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.