RPi4 video artifacts

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Madaboutstuff

RPi4 video artifacts

Post by Madaboutstuff »

I purchased a RPi4 8gb on 5/22/21 and am now having video artifacts. This is regardless of what HDMI cable I use, display, or OS. I have a second RPi4 that I have tested the HDMI cable and display with. What happens is the screen will flicker or blank out, the screen has static, and while also tear. I had a similiar issue to this when my gpu died in my desktop. Idling or just using the CLI will cause the artifacts to showup. The RPi is in a case with a fan so heat shouldn't be an issue.

Madaboutstuff

Re: RPi4 video artifacts

Post by Madaboutstuff »

Update to this. I tried the second HDMI port and the artifacting has gone away. Was able to watch movies and use the device for awhile. So I think that means the HDMI port is bad.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Although we only have a 30-day warranty (make sure you test it fast) if you connect [email protected] with a link to this thread they will get you a 50% discount on one you buy.

Madaboutstuff

Post by Madaboutstuff »

franklin97355 wrote:Although we only have a 30-day warranty (make sure you test it fast) if you connect [email protected] with a link to this thread they will get you a 50% discount on one you buy.
The pi was working perfectly fine until recently. Can't really test for a failure in the future. And you site shows out of stock for the one I have. And you really shouldn't call it a warranty when it's really just a return policy.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

OK, we have a 30-day return policy. If you don't want the Pi you could ask for a refund (with a link to this thread) and call it good, or not. Sorry for your troubles

Madaboutstuff

Post by Madaboutstuff »

franklin97355 wrote:OK, we have a 30-day return policy. If you don't want the Pi you could ask for a refund (with a link to this thread) and call it good, or not. Sorry for your troubles
Sorry, I'm just upset as I thought this had a 1 year warranty. I was just looking for a replacement or repair.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Let me check if Raspberry Pi is still honoring their "warranty". If they are we may be able to contact them.

Madaboutstuff

Post by Madaboutstuff »

franklin97355 wrote:Let me check if Raspberry Pi is still honoring their "warranty". If they are we may be able to contact them.

Okies. Let me know what you "find out".

Madaboutstuff

Post by Madaboutstuff »

franklin97355 wrote:Let me check if Raspberry Pi is still honoring their "warranty". If they are we may be able to contact them.
Any update? Guessing you just posted what you did to be rude and had zero intention of actually standing behind a product you sell.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”