Due to high demand expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 1-2 business days.

Creating a robot for Remo.tv
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Creating a robot for Remo.tv

by cjbruce on Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:04 pm

Hello kindly adafruit community!

I am a high school teacher with a bunch of motors and speed controllers (from tiny N20s up to 3" diameter gearmotors). I am hoping to make an internet-connected robot that I can put up for the general public to control and play with on the website Remo.tv. I have never used a microcontroller of any kind before, but I am a software developer and am not afraid of programming. Is the Raspberry Pi the most direct way to do this? Do I need any other equipment? Can I use my existing ESCs directly, or do I need more hardware?

My eventual goal will be to host a remote "Battlebots"-style competition between students with TT-sized motors, but I would like to try a project with larger motors in the interim.

I have access to 3D printers and am able to do limited fabrication in our wood shop. Can anyone recommend any kits that I could buy to make the process easier?

cjbruce

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.