RPI 4B won't boot

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
uhqfrrvfqb

RPI 4B won't boot

Post by uhqfrrvfqb »

Hello, I just received a Raspberry Pi 4B and I am having trouble getting it to boot. I am fairly confident the issue with with the RPI 4B itself -- I have another RPI 4B that works, but when I use the new RPI 4B with the same power supply and SD card as the old one, this new one doesn't work. I'm happy to try other troubleshooting steps if there's anything else I should try. Thanks!

adafruit_support_carter

Re: RPI 4B won't boot

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Try this: unplug everything from the Raspberry Pi 4, including the SD card, and then turn the power back on. What does the green LED do?

uhqfrrvfqb

Post by uhqfrrvfqb »

The green LED flashes once, very briefly.

uhqfrrvfqb

Post by uhqfrrvfqb »

Hello, is there anything else I should try? If not, then I would like to move forward with the return/exchange process. Thanks.

adafruit_support_carter

What are you using for a power supply?

What model (how much RAM) is the other Pi 4 that works?

uhqfrrvfqb

Post by uhqfrrvfqb »

I’m using the official raspberry pi power supply. Both Pi’s (the working and non-working) are the 4GB model.

adafruit_support_carter

OK, thanks. That power supply should be fine. Asking as that behavior is what happens if you happen to get a Pi with the known USB C power issue (would be from older stock) coupled with certain power supplies. This is a frustrating Pi 4 only issue.

Let's just replace that Pi. Send another email [email protected] and link to this thread. They can send you a replacement Pi 4.

uhqfrrvfqb

Post by uhqfrrvfqb »

Okay, thanks for your help!

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”