Stereo Enclosed Speaker Set - 3W 4 Ohm

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Abdulmohsin

Stereo Enclosed Speaker Set - 3W 4 Ohm

Post by Abdulmohsin »

Hello,

I have a raspberry pi 4 connected to Adafruit (PID 3346 I2S 3W Stereo Speaker Bonnet for Raspberry Pi - Mini Kit though the GPIO pins and the Stereo Enclosed Speaker Set - 3W 4 Ohm. I've gone through the guide for the Stereo Enclosed Speaker Set - 3W 4 Ohm to test the speakers but the sound is always coming out of the TV. The raspberry pi is connected to the TV by an HDMI cable, I've tried disconnecting the HDMI cable to see if the sound will come out of the speakers but it didn't help. Aside from going through the guide multiple times, I've used PuTTy software to connect to the raspberry pi remotely but that didn't help either.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Stereo Enclosed Speaker Set - 3W 4 Ohm

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Have you gone through the installation procedure described in the tutorial?

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-spe ... y-pi-usage

Abdulmohsin

Post by Abdulmohsin »

Yes, I've tried the guide many times.

beckym678

Post by beckym678 »

I am having the exact same issue. Have you figured out any way to fix it?

My speaker makes a click on shutdown and reboot, but it won't play anything. I have noticed that in the desktop when I right click the speaker (top right) I only see HDMI output as an option, and wonder if the problem is in there. I tried turning off HDMI audio all together, but still no sound. My speaker bonnet has power, and the hardware is all set up as per the directions. I'd appreciate any ideas as well.

Update: This is why I comment - as soon as I give up and admit it, I figure out how to make it work.
I did the install over again, and made sure to press N as suggested in the directions:
"If you're still having audio problems, try re-running the script and saying N (disable) the /dev/zero playback service."

then I rebooted and all seemed to work out. Hope that is your issue as well. I also went into raspi-config and opened System-Options > Audio and saw that the bonnet was my audio option.

Abdulmohsin

Post by Abdulmohsin »

Thanks for sharing!

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”