2.8" PiTFT Capacitive Display PID#2423 not working w/Stretch
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

2.8" PiTFT Capacitive Display PID#2423 not working w/Stretch

by rhassinger on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Starting yet another week without the 2.8" PiTFT display, PID #2423, working! Does anyone have this display working with Raspbian Stretch using the Easy Installation or Detailed Installation instructions on the Adafruit web site? I need to know if I am bashing my head against something that doesn't work yet because of Stretch, or if it is working and I am not doing the install correctly. The display and RPi 3 are new and work properly with the Jesse image from the Easy Installation web page. Every install attempt is on a fresh install of Stretch, either the 2017-09-07 or 2017-11-29. Most of the time the Pi ends up blinking a 4-slow-4-fast pattern that says it can't find the operating system.

I had a previous topic 'Pitft 2.8 Capacitive Jesse Image MPC/MPD broke' but opened a new thread because of the specific problem of getting the display running at all.

If someone can help me out here I would greatly appreciate it.

rhassinger

Re: 2.8" PiTFT Capacitive Display PID#2423 not working w/Str

by adafruit2 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:40 pm

adafruit2
Site Admin

Re: 2.8" PiTFT Capacitive Display PID#2423 not working w/Str

by rhassinger on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:56 pm

IT FRICKIN' WORKED!!!! Thank you!!! It puts a Terminal display on the 2,8" display screen, and is ready to take commands. If you happen to have been following my posts in the Topic "Pitft 2.8 Capacitive Jesse Image MPC/MPD broke" you can see the Easy and Detailed Installations do not work, at least for me. Thank you again. I think I can get back to my project now.
IMG_0036.JPG
It works!!!
IMG_0036.JPG (40.05 KiB) Viewed 121 times

(I don't know why the image is upside down!)

rhassinger

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.