Problem with 3.5 PiTFT Touch Screen.
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Problem with 3.5 PiTFT Touch Screen.

by ekman61 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:22 am

Hi
Im trying to make a simple video camera.
Ive got a Pi3 and 3.5 PiTFT and Im running a simple python script. When I install the latest Raspian and update it, connects it to a monitor via HDMI and run the script, everything works fine. I see the preview of the camera and the video is saved.

But when I then try to install support for the 3.5 PiTFT screen I only get to the reboot after changing the config file. After this it wont start, 3.5 PiTFT screen shows only white and I cant SSH in, it doesnt show up on my network at all. Connecting a HDMI-screen does nothing either.

When I install your NOOBS image, the screen works and I can see the desktop but when I run the script I dont get the preview of the camera. I do get the video file thou, just not the preview.

The script I use:
---------------
from picamera import PiCamera
from time import sleep

camera = PiCamera()

camera.start_preview()
camera.start_recording('/home/pi/video.h264')
sleep(10)
camera.stop_recording()
camera.stop_preview()
-------------

ekman61

Re: Problem with 3.5 PiTFT Touch Screen.

by adafruit_support_mike on Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:43 am

Try starting from the latest version of Stretch and use the commands shown in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=54246&start=15#p630193

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.