DOA Pi Noir Camera

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
donster

DOA Pi Noir Camera

Post by donster »

Hello,

My Pi Noir camera came DOA. I have tried it on 2 different pi zero w boards with 2 different ribbon cables. The error is:

pi@pi0w:~ $ raspistill -d
mmal: Cannot read camera info, keeping the defaults for OV5647
mmal: mmal_vc_component_create: failed to create component 'vc.ril.camera' (1:ENOMEM)
mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not create component 'vc.ril.camera' (1)
mmal: Failed to create camera component
mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
mmal: Camera is not detected. Please check carefully the camera module is installed correctly

I searched the forum and came up with a similar thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=127887&p=637004&hi ... ng#p637004

I emailed support, but they told me I have to post in the public forum, so here I am.

My order number is 1644216-3957826936.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: DOA Pi Noir Camera

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the Kapton tab that connects the camera module itself to the Pi Camera PCB. Those can get bumped partially loose, and you get that kind of error when it happens.

The mezzannine connector requires a fairly strong press to reconnect, so use something like the end of an unsharpened pencil and press until you hear/feel it click into position.

donster

Post by donster »

Yeah, that was the first thing I did when I read the other thread.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Thanks. Send a note containing a link to this thread and your order number to [email protected]. The folks there will get you a replacement NoIR.

(#3100)

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”