Pi Zero W DOA

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
amphibian87

Pi Zero W DOA

Post by amphibian87 »

Greetings,

Order Confirmation No: 1671342-2178352178

After corresponding with Nick through email at [email protected], I've been directed to the forums. I am not providing photos because it visibly looks no different than any other Pi Zero W that's arrived from the factory.

I purchased a W that doesn't power on, around Feb 5th. I have followed the instructions Nick sent and nothing happens, I've done everything exact. I am using Raspbian Stretch 4.9 released on November 29 2017, on a SanDisk 16GB Class 4 MicroSCHD using Etcher. I have verified that this install works on a Pi3 and a Zero 1.3. In addition, I have only used a high quality Belkin brand sync/charge cable rated for 2.4amps and a corresponding power bock rated for 4.8 amps (each port is 2.4, the same hardware has no issues with other devices).

The only response I'm getting from my Pi out of the package is that the CPU gets hot. I have been on too many forums and have heard conflicting info on if there is a polyfuse in this model or not. Is there? If there is, presumably the CPU would not heat up correct? What behavior if any should one expect from the CPU if a blown polyfuse has occurred, which at this point I can rule out pretty confidently because it's rested for about 5 days straight.

Thank you in advance,

Ian

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Pi Zero W DOA

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Can you run that "Is There Life?" check on your other Pi Zero (the one that boots OK) just to make sure that process works on your setup.

amphibian87

Post by amphibian87 »

Screenshot (53).png
Screenshot (53).png (711.42 KiB) Viewed 147 times
Greetings,

I have another zero w that I gave my gf as a gift, which behaved as it should in the "Is there even life?" check. Image

Thank you

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

OK. Thanks for checking. Not passing that test and getting hot probably means it's dead for some reason. Let's replace it. Send another email to [email protected] and link to this thread and they can get you a replacement Pi Zero W.

amphibian87

Post by amphibian87 »

Thank you, and what speedy responses!

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”