Raspberry pi 3 B+ not booting up

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
seanyuan

Raspberry pi 3 B+ not booting up

Post by seanyuan »

My raspberry pi 3 B+ isn't booting up and also my package arrived damaged on arrival. Every time I plug in my pi the screen is just black and nothing else no response no sound but a light from the pwr

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Raspberry pi 3 B+ not booting up

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The Pi3B+ will only boot from the most recent version of Raspian. It has new hardware, so any older OS image is guaranteed to fail.

seanyuan

Post by seanyuan »

no I put on the most recent version if the os. It just isn't working

computek50

Post by computek50 »

When I got the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ didn't work with Raspbian Jesse, but I did get it to work with the new Raspbian Stretch, I downloaded it from www.raspberrypi.org. I have a Linux Ditsro, and used Archive Manager to unzip the zip file. In the terminal I used the command sudo dd bs=1M if=[file name] of=[sd card], it should something like (/dev/sdb). Be very careful with this dd command.

This worked for me hopely it work for you too.

seanyuan

Post by seanyuan »

Also my package arrived damaged by the postal service

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Send a note containing a link to this thread and your order number to [email protected]. The folks there will arrange return shipping for the Pi3B+ you have now and get you a replacement.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”