Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera Board v2 - 8 Megapixels (PID: 3100)

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
pilot56

Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera Board v2 - 8 Megapixels (PID: 3100)

Post by pilot56 »

Good Afternoon,

I recently purchased the Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera Board v2 (Order # 1764096-4365750125, purchased last week) and have not been able to get it to work. I am using a new bare bones Pi 3 B+ with nothing else attached to it. I am running Raspbian and have updated and upgraded the OS. I have enabled the camera via the configuration and cannot get any video or pictures to be taken. I have verified all connections are secure and the cables are in the correct direction. I have also tested a 2nd Pi and a longer camera cable with no luck. Attached is a picture of the error I get when I try and take a picture/video. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (30.55 KiB) Viewed 216 times

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera Board v2 - 8 Megapixels (PID: 3

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

To confirm, have you disconnected and reseated the Kapton tab between the CCD module and the PCB?

pilot56

Post by pilot56 »

Yes, I have tried twice. I am assuming that this is the black locking feature on the connector.

adafruit_support_mike

That sounds more like the flex cable connector.

The CCD module is the device that actually captures the image, and has the lens assembly on its front. It connects to the PCB through a short flex cable, and the connection between that cable and the PCB is what I'm referring to:
3100-04.jpg
3100-04.jpg (159.87 KiB) Viewed 175 times

pilot56

Post by pilot56 »

I had not tried to re-seat that connector. I was unaware it was even possible.

Update ... I have unplugged, inspected, and reinserted this connection and I am still getting the same error on the Pi

ngong0

Post by ngong0 »

I have a new raspi zero W and noIR camera module as well and having the exact same issue. Constantly reseated all 3 connectors. Rebooted. Reflashed. installed all updates as well

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ raspistill -t 3000 -o test.jpg
mmal: Cannot read camera info, keeping the defaults for OV5647
mmal: mmal_vc_component_create: failed to create component 'vc.ril.camera' (1:ENOMEM)
mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not create component 'vc.ril.camera' (1)
mmal: Failed to create camera component
mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
mmal: Camera is not detected. Please check carefully the camera module is installed correctly

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ vcgencmd get_camera
supported=1 detected=0

adafruit_support_mike

Thank you.

Send a note containing a link to this page and your order number to [email protected]. The folks there will get you a replacement NoIR camera.

(#3100)

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”