Issue with Raspi Camera

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
jangoo

Issue with Raspi Camera

Post by jangoo »

Hi,

I have encountered exactly the same issue as that posted on the following forum article:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=131583&p=656681&hi ... rk#p656681
I followed all the recommendations made in the article with no success. I tried another (older) camera that I had in my junk box and the Raspi Zero was able to display video with no problem at all. I reseated the short flat camera cable that was sent with the Zero case multiple times as well as reseated the "Kapton tab" a few times. Still no go. The camera does not work on any other Raspi board (I have a few of them) either.

The device was purchased on June 13, 2018. I sent the my Order Confirmation number in my email to support and am reluctant to included it in here on a public forum.

Could you please send me a replacement?
Thank you.

IMG_7650.JPG
IMG_7650.JPG (108.16 KiB) Viewed 127 times
IMG_7653.JPG
IMG_7653.JPG (125.59 KiB) Viewed 127 times
IMG_7655.JPG
IMG_7655.JPG (111.67 KiB) Viewed 127 times

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Issue with Raspi Camera

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Just to check one detail, what version of Raspbian are you running on the RasPi?

jangoo

Post by jangoo »

Version 9 (Stretch)
Please see the attached picture of the contents of the os-release file.
IMG_7657.JPG
IMG_7657.JPG (100.33 KiB) Viewed 98 times

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Thank you. All versions of Stretch know how to work with the v2 Pi Cam.

Send a note containing a link to this thread and your order number to [email protected]. The folks there will get you a replacement Pi Camera.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”