Odd behavior with Pi Foundation 7" touchscreen
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Odd behavior with Pi Foundation 7" touchscreen

by ac2ev on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:41 am

I'm using the Pi Foundation 7" touchscreen along with a Raspberry Pi 3. It's using the "Volumio" distribution to act a streaming media player.
I have separate 5v 2.4amp power supplies running to the Pi and touchscreen. I've also tested this using a single power supply with the split cable.
Volumio runs chromium as user interface.

After the unit runs for at least 24 hours when I click on a menu item on the web page the menu will pop up and quickly flicker on/off. If I can touch quickly I can activate the menu item. From what I can determine the touchscreen may be sending touches at a very fast rate. The other reason I think it might be the touchscreen is because after 24 hours of running the screen won't go to sleep. This issue will also manifest as several touch responses when select music to play.

I haven't gotten a reply on the Volumio forum so I'm coming to you guys. Is there any way I can monitor the touchscreen from the cli via Putty to see if it is the touchscreen or something else?

ac2ev

Re: Odd behavior with Pi Foundation 7" touchscreen

by adafruit_support_mike on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:46 pm

The folks from the RasPi Foundation will know more about that display's interface than we do, but the touchscreen should probably show up as /dev/mouse or /dev/touchscreen

You'll proably get more detailed information in the RasPi Foundation forums:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/

That's where the engineers who designed the display and wrote the kernel interface hang out.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.