DC motor compatibility with HAT Kit (2348)

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Nidocamen

DC motor compatibility with HAT Kit (2348)

Post by Nidocamen »

Hello,

This HAT kit (2348) for Pi looks like exactly what I need. Just wanted to check that it's compatible with nearly -any- brushless low-voltage DC motor? I'm going to be using it to drive some very small garden / aquarium pumps with these specs: 4.5-12V, 3.6 watts and 100-400 ma. The goal is use variable speed control to create some interesting effects. Before I dive into this, I just want to make sure I'm headed down the right path. From everything I'm reading, I believe this will handle it, but just wanted to check with you guys. I would probably get two of the boards and stack them since I'll be driving 6 pumps. Each HAT needs its own power supply for the motors, right?

Thanks!

--Joe

Franklin97355

Re: DC motor compatibility with HAT Kit (2348)

Post by Franklin97355 »

If your motors will run on straight DC and are not 3-phase like drone motors it should work.

Nidocamen

Post by Nidocamen »

franklin97355 wrote:If your motors will run on straight DC and are not 3-phase like drone motors it should work.
Yes, these can even be powered by small solar panels...I think that's about as "straight DC" as one can get hehe

If that sounds right to you, then, cool....and thanks! :)

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Yep, should be OK.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”