PoE Splitter with Micro USB
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

PoE Splitter with Micro USB

by JoshuaRiddell on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:06 pm

Hi,

I am having a similar problem to this topic with the PoE->MicroUSB splitter. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=146023&p=721772&hilit=product+poe#p721772

The product link is: https://www.adafruit.com/product/3785

I have used them for ~2 weeks now. They seem to have fried 2 of our TP-LINK TL-MR3020 USB routers, 1 raspberry pi zero, and 1 Sandisk SD card mounted in a pi zero. This is using different poe splitters each time.
We have been using the TP-Link TL-SF1005P PoE switch to inject power.

We tested using an oscilloscope and found the voltage is usually at approx 5V with spikes up to 6V. The failure usually happens when switching power on.

JoshuaRiddell

Re: PoE Splitter with Micro USB

by adafruit_support_mike on Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:18 am

Hmm.. when you say, "switching power on," do you mean the PoE hub, or the device connected to the PoE splitter?

adafruit_support_mike

by JoshuaRiddell on Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:40 am

I mean connecting power to the PoE Switch. All other devices being already plugged in before power was turned on.

JoshuaRiddell

by adafruit_support_mike on Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:47 am

Thank you. That sounds like an issue with startup transients.

Send a note containing a link to this page and your order number to support@adafruit.com. The folks there will process a refund for the cost of the PoE splitters.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.